Saturday 25 January 2014

Review: Rimmel moisture renew lipstick `dark night water-oops!`

Hiya everyone,
 I hope you're having a great Saturday! I certainly am; I went shopping with Pip earlier, and although my purse is now considerably lighter, I am in love with everything I bought (let me know if you would like to see a haul)  plus I'm making dinner for my family tonight :) 

My sister bought me this lipstick for Christmas after I dropped a hint that I would love to try something from the newly formulated Rimmel moisture renew range, and I that I fancied something purple. Didn't she do well! 


This can be used to create a really striking (pretty Gothic) look, or something far more plum like, which I went for above. This really does live up to its `moisture`  name, it keeps the lips perfectly hydrated, although it isn't very balm like, almost more like a rich lip-stain if that makes sense. One thing I'm not so keen on is the taste, it's a bit to perfumey for me, but nothing that would stop be wearing it. The wear time of this isn't the best, I find I always have to re-apply after eating, otherwise I'm left with the dreaded lip-liner lips. On the other-hand adore the packaging; I think the silver and purple combo works really well- also, how adorable is the name! I would definitely purchase another one of these, there are some gorgeous shades and I love the texture. I have a FOTD coming up this week featuring this, so look out for that!

What do you think of this lipstick? Have you tried these? 

24 comments:

  1. Nice post! I just bought one of those lipsticks! Its in my favourites video go check it out!
    http://missace99.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I love this color! I need to go find it, it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is gorgeous, will definitely have to pick it up next time I'm in boots!
    Chloe's Little Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty shade! I love how sheer you've got it but the swatch is so deep. Great review, thanks x

    Claire | AgentSmyth | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour! Definitely fit for this time of year! Lovely blog!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks lovely, doesn't look so dark on the lips!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooohhh such a beautiful shade!:)
    -From Annie ToadRoad
    toadroadfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice colour! Rimmel's such a great brand :)
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are my favourite drugstore lipstick formula! They're so amazing aren't they?! This shade is SO pretty!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...