Sunday 23 March 2014

No place I'd rather be.

OOTD #41

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a lovely Sunday.
I was recently contacted by House of Fraser asking if I would like to be part of their `Inspired by mum` blogger challenge for Mothers day. The prize is a wonderful £100 worth of vouchers- so well worth entering I'm sure you'll agree!


Appoligies for my weird expressions, I wasn't feeling 100% but I was determined to get these pictures!

Jacket- Primark 
Necklace- Mum's
Cami top- Mum's 
Watch- Urban Outfitters
Jeans- Primark
Bag- Mum's (vintage)
Boots- Topshop (here)

As you might be able to tell, I took this challenge as a licence to raid my Mum's wardrobe!


The first thing I pounced on was this bag; I love the velvet and brocade combination and it the perfect size to be used as a clutch. The little tassel is so sweet as well. 


I've featured this necklace a few times on the blog now, I love the elegance it lends to any outfit. It's the perfect length for me and it's a fab piece of jewelry to just throw on and know it will look lovely. 


This jacket comes as a sneak peak form my next haul- I thought the check pattern was the perfect way to break up an otherwise all black outfit (not actually like me at all) I've seen this on lots of blogs so I was so happy when I spotted in in primark in my size.


I deiced on this gorgeous textured turquoise glitter polish form M&S. It's a lovely spring shade and catches the light so perfectly.- I'm just dreading the removal!


I went for my Urban Outfitters watch, I don't wear it enough considering I love love love it. 


Oh dear, I'm obsessed with these boots- expect to see them a whole lot more! I would finish this whole look of with a generous spritz of YSL's Manifesto from  House of Fraser, a perfume me and my mum would happily both wear :) 

What do you think of this outfit? What look is inspired by your mum? 

Don't forget to enter my Topshop Makeup giveaway.



16 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, love the challenge too! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jacket is really nice!
    http://obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous Alice, that jacket is just utter perfection! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO BEAUTIFUL!:)
    - From Annie ToadRoad
    toadroadfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow for follow on bloglovin ? <3

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11996827

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that print at the moment aren't you, haha love the jacket!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket is gorgeous!! Even more excited to see that it's from Primark, money saver!! Thank you Alice!

    thecosmeticsjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...