Monday 3 June 2013

Putting my defenses up, because I don't want to fall in love.

OOTD #12

Hi dolls,
 This is what I wore on Thursday to watch the Great Gatsby (amazing film!). I really wish I had a flapper dress, dripping with embellishment and jewels to wear, and a cute cloche hat to effortlessly throw on, but sadly, my 21st century wardrobe let me down *sigh*. So I just had to make do with what I know best; a crop top and skater skirt!

 Earrings-Miss selfridge
Crop top- Primark
Necklace-Accessorize
Watch- Olivia Burton
Skirt- Primark
Tights- Tesco
Nike Blazers- Office

This outfit is buy no means groundbreaking, but I really like the overall look :)

This is definitely my new favourite necklace, its just perfect for jazzing up plain tops and popping undershirts to peak out of the collar.



I wanted a change from my converses for this outfit (shock horror!), do I decided to wear my Nike blazers, as I thought the khaki would complement the purple on my lips and my skirt nicely, and just make everything a bit more casual :)


Obviously, this wouldn't be one of my outfits without my beloved Olivia Burton watch :).


My nails didn't really go with my outfit which bugs me (yup I'm weird like that) but I really like them none the less. I used a new Maybelline shade from the color show collection (that's the milky pink shade) and Look beauty polish in `Bling` for the glitter :)


My make up was actually pretty experimental for me! Notice the lack of winged-liner? ;) I used my favourite scadaleyes shadow stick in Bulletproof beige and the MUA undress me too pallet on my eyes, of course with a generous flick of mascara. I also applied a slick of an MUA lipstcik in the shade 2, I really wish it had a name! 


My OOTD's will be outside again once the weather perks up (famous last words...) so I hope you don't mind my bedroom in the background!

The Great Gatsby was such an amazing film; the acting was perfect, the music wonderful and the costumes literally to die for! If you are stuck for something to do next weekend for whenever, go and see it!

In other news, it was my first day back at school today *boo* so I wont be able to post as frequently this week, but I will try my very best!

Have you seen the Great Gatsby? What do you think of my outfit?

Alice
X

24 comments:

  1. I went to see The Great Gatsby the other week and loved it, we all definitely need a bit more Gatsby glamour in our lives!! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace, it works really well! <3

    I've replied to your versatile blogger award over on my blog. Hope there's some new followers heading your way!! =)

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) + oh ill have a read! Thank would be brill :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw The Great Gatsby today actually, I though the costumes were beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i love the colour of your skirt!

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see that movie!! Cute outfit, very pretty!! I love your blog <3 xx

    honeydewcraze.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of everyone who has seen the great gatsby! Your makeup is lovely and natural :)
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey hun!
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    love your photos and your lay out!
    check my blog if you want!!!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey hun!
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    amazing content and photos!
    Maybe would you like to check my fashion blog
    and follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! It looks great on you :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outfit! :)

    Would you like us to follow each other? Please let me know, I would love to follow back. :)


    http://meowmd.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/7248627

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that oufit!!

    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know! :-)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...