Sunday 22 June 2014

PROM.

Hello my loves,
I'm going to keep this intro short because I don't think this post needs much explaining My prom was on Friday night, and it was just lovely. Our transport was fab, the venue was  fab and everyone honestly looked stunning. 

Dress- Dusk till dawn
Shoes- New look
Bag- Next
Ring and bracelet- Pandora
Earrings- My granny's
Necklace- My mum's


Ahh, the dress! I have been wanting to show you all my choice for the evening for so long. I bought my one in a relatively local store in olney called Dusk till Dawn. As soon as I tried it on I knew I'd found the dress I loved to bits. I just adore the shape of it, I think the way it falls is so flattering and the little pleats at the back are so pretty. I obviously love the sparkly bodice too! I think the fact that it has pink, silver and rose gold tones to it makes it nice and interesting. I found the sweetheart neckline flattering despite not having the most going on in the bust department!


My shoes are from New Look, now this picture does them no justice what so ever, but each of the little gem-y bits are iridescent (like my earrings and bag) and caught the light so beautifully. I kept my accessories on the theme of silver, pearls and the two-tones gems. As you can see, the heel is pretty high, but because it has the platform at the front, they were actually ok to walk in, I like that they are not too chunky either.



Me and my mum were looking through some of my granny's jewelry boxes, and as soon as I saw these I knew they would be perfect- I must have actually yelped with excitement!


I got my nails done for the first time for prom, I can see why it would get addictive! I went for french manicure gels with a top coat that has the tiniest amount of glitter. I will be interesting to see how long they last, it should be two to three weeks, I don't know if I can have have them the same for that long though! My clutch is from Next and I had enough room to bring all the essentials, that being my phone, little camera, powder and brush, lip-gloss and money, plus a few rouge Polaroid pictures! The sparkles on this bag match that of my shoes exactly, I was really lucky to find something that matched so well.


This necklace was a gift to my mum from one of her friends, how gorgeously delicate is it? It broke up the space between my neck and the dress perfectly, whilst also running with the pearl theme. 


I also wore my Pandora ring and bracelet, they always make me feel so well put together when I wear them both! 


I had my makeup done at the YSL counter in Debenhams was such a nice experience! The lady doing my makeup was so lovely, even though she was totally rushed off her feet! We went for a gold smokey eye, and peach cheeks and lips. 


I had my hair put up in the hairdressers as well, it's actually quite different to what I had in mind, but I think it does look super pretty at the back! We got the little hairpins from the dress shop and they are literally the exact same colour to the dress. You can see the low back it has here too, I love the pleats so much. 


We had the most amazing transport! We were actually struggling to find anything, so this really way a gem. We found it through the Vintage Limousine hire, if you live in the Bucks/Beds are I would totally recommenced them, our driver took us for a spin for a while and put up with I whooping and/ore screaming every time someone waved back at us. 


How beautiful do my girls look?! It was just lovely seeing my whole year dressed up, and I have to say,we scrub up rather well! 

All in all it was such an amazing night, the prom was fab, the after party so fun and I after that me and one of the besties stayed up talking until seven; it was perfect! 

What do you think of my prom outfit? Have you had your prom yet? 

29 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you looked absolutely stunning!
    Miglė x | Meet Me On The Balcony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow alice you look stunning! The dress is so flattering like you said, it falls beautifully. Hope you had a wonderful time.xxxx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was such a lovely evening, everyone looked beautiful!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you look beautiful! The dress is really amazing, and you've styled it so well :) Gosh, my prom feels like a million years ago now... I'm getting so old!! I didn't look half as good as you did haha.

    Helen xx
    uhhelsyeah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your friends look gorgeous! I am in love with your dress! This takes me back to my school prom last year!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I hope you had an amazing night, it totally reminds me of my graduation a month ago!

    have a great day xx

    http://thefunkypath.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely, I love your dress the colour is soo pretty! Sounds like you had a great night :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my prom two years ago and I wish I had the same taste as you, you look amazing especially your dress and your vintage car, so jealous :) xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, your dress is to die for Alice. You looked spectacular x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful as is your dress. I hope you and your friends had the time of your lives.
    Molly Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had an incredible evening, and you looked absolutely gorgeous! I love the dress and accessories, and your hair looked amazing. I also love the vintage limousine. I hope you ladies had an amazing night!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looked AMAZING, Alice! And your dress was so stunning!! xxx

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning, amazing maybe there are no words to explain it. I love your dress so much <3
    Miki xx

    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look incredible. In awe of the hair too!
    I still have nostalgia about my prom, I'm glad it will be that way for you :)
    Congrats on making it through GCSES!

    x
    AmBlog | Life, Beauty & Anything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alice you honestly looked so stunning!! I'm glad you had a good prom! x

    India Charlotte♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and your friends looked amazing Alice! Prom sounds like so much fun, I wish we had one!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...