Wednesday 4 September 2013

August favourites.

Hi everyone,
 I just had my first day back at school, it's really weird to think that this will be my last year! It was ok, but it's the first time we've worn blazers so I was actually dieing from heat exhaustion. 
I know literally everyone says this every month, but where did August go?! For me it has been pretty blink and you miss it, I think mainly because it was school holiday time but still. Let's find out what I've been loving! 


-Lush the Mask of Magnaminty-


First up is the `Mask of magnaminty`. I had been wanting to try this for a while because I know Sammi of Beauty Crush loves it, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I'm going to do a full review of this soon so I won't go into too much detail, but I love it! Honesty it's not the most effective face mask, but it feels lovely, it's super natural and it can be done pretty quickly so is a perfect little pick me up. Also, did you know that magnanimity means greatly generous, interesting!   

-Avril Lavigne black star perfume- 

As you can see, this perfume is practically finished, but thats because one of my friends gave it to me when she was having a perfume sort out. I absolutely love this! I'm awful at describing scents, but I would say its a light floral scent and not to sweet, so perfect for day wear. I've decided this is going to be the perfume which gets pride of place in my school bag for now. 

-Models own nail polish in `Indian ocean` from the beetlejuice collection-



This is a favourite nail polish that adorned my nails last month. It has the perfect sky blue base with iridescent pink, purple and silver. I don't have anything else quite like this, so it certainly a welcome edition to the collection. I actually painted two of my friends nail with this as well, so it was a popular choice in my house! 

-Maybelline colour tattoo in `On and on Bronze`-





This is my second colour tattoo (the other being `pink gold` which featured in my last favourites!) and I love this one even more than the other. This makes the perfect base for a bronze look, and it is so easy to work with, because you can keep it as simple as just sweeping this across the eye with your finger, or build up the look with other products. 

-Real Techniques Blush brush-


Another edition to my Real Techniques family and I love it as much as all the others! This brush picks up just the right amount of product and because it's angled, applies it really precisely. It is crazy soft and fluffy and just perfect at it's job. I've washed this as well and haven't experienced any shedding, no that I ever have with this brand. If you don't own any Real techniques, brushes then I can assure you you won't look back once you do! 

-Look Beauty fresh cheeks! cream blusher in `melon`-





I bought this not expecting to love it as much as I do, but I was totally wrong. This cream blush requires a little more effort than powder blushes, as I like to use a stippling brush, but I really love the way it looks (see in a FOTD here) The colour is so pretty and quite unique, at least in my blush stash!

-Maybelline baby lips in `Hydrate`-



Ah, the Maybelline baby lips. I really like this particular one, nice and light, non sticky with a pleasant lime-y flavour. Also the packaging is just so darn cute. I've been applying this before bed and it really does leave my lips feeling nice and hydrated . I do think the tinted ones are over-hyped though, but thats for another post...

-Revlon ColourBurst Lip butters in `Juicy papaya` and `Sweet tart`-




These have to be my favourite of the favourites this month. I absolutely love the Lip butter consistency, they are so moisturising  and creamy, but still give you a gorgeous colour which doesn't require precise application or faffing about with a lipliner, result! These are literally all I wore all holiday when I was away and I'm sure I will continue to love them all year, even if these two are more summery colours. 

I managed to read two books this month, both of which I really enjoyed; 


The first is one lots of people have read; 


I saw the film version of the perks of being a wallflower, and although I enjoyed it, I didn't really understand the story because I thought it all happened very quickly, but obviously with a book you have your own time to try to connect with the characters and the plot. The story is told by a boy named Charlie who has a troubled past. It follows him meeting people and experiencing new things, and it soon turns out that his new friends have their own fair share of problems. I really like the style it was written in, almost `dear diary` and I'll be looking about for more titles by Stephen Chbosky.

The other book is August;
  
 This starts with two characters in a car crash, and follows the series of events that brought them together. It is told from both perspectives and is all about will and if what we do is actually controlled by us or is all predetermined or destiny. I don't really want to give anything away, but I assure you, I really enjoyed this one! 

One song I have not been able to get out of my head is Ellie Goulding `Burn`. It's so catchy and I have been dancing around in my room to it ever since I bought it!


Finally with have my fashion favourites; 
I still can't get over how pretty this top is! I think it is perfect for the transitional time of year it is and I can see myself wearing this a lot still. OOTD



When I bought this top from Primark, I wasn't crazy about it, but I've actually worn it loads. It's cut in quite a flattering way, so it's easy to wear casually or more dressed up.



And last but by no means least, is my little Matalan bag;



You just have to look at my recent outfits to see how much I've been loving this! 

So that's my August wrapped up for you :) I hope you all had a good first day back at school or where ever you are!

What have you been loving this month? What do you think of my favourites?

22 comments:

  1. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos! On and On Bronze is gorgeous I also really like Metallic Pomegranate it's perfect for Autumn :) xx

    lifeislovelyjubbly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour tatto!:) I am so tempted to give it a go;) Great post xxx
    - from Annie ToadRoad
    toadroadfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your favourites- especially the lip butters&baby lips!

    LittleMissFashion xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the same baby lips yesterday and I'm loving it too :)
    And I can't wait to get some real techniques brushes, they seem so wonderful! xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lalalove the revlon lip butters and real techniques brushes! You've got some great favourites this month my love :) xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is fab omg! I really love all of your favourites!
    If you have time please check out my blog!
    Thank you so much
    Disney
    xxx

    disneydesilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of the revlon lip butters and the colours you've chosen are gorgeous! x

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, great post!
    I love it! I want to get the lush mask!
    And great site as always!!
    All the best
    Francesca
    La Dolce Moda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I own this color tattoo too and I just love it! And this nailvarnish looks soooo pretty!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! I love that real techniques blush brush so much!!

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shade of colour tattoo and the cream blusher! The bag is nice too. My favourite products which I've been using a lot recently are the indeed hydraluron moisture booster and the fudge urban sea salt hair spray. I love both of them!!
    xxx
    www.everythingandamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perks of being a wallflower is one of my favourite books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...