Hi everyone, I hope you're all enjoying this sunny sunday afternoon, I for one have spent today doing french homework, boo!
I haven't done a celebrity style post in ages, mainly because I wasn't feeling inspired by anyone. However recently a certain Miss.Chung has been on everyone's radar, what with the release of her new book `It` (which I really want to read!) and LFW and generally looking gorgeous, I couldn't resist doing a post on her.
Alexa Chung I think is a bit`marmite`, mainly it seems because of her very slender figure. Personally, I think calling someone `too skinny` is just as insulting as calling someone `too fat` so I try to stay well out of that side of things. But my point is, no one can deny the girls got style! I mean come on, she has a Mulberry bag named after her. Just saying.
Alexa is well known for her casual style, she can rock a playsuit as well as jeans, and most of all, she always looks effortless and has that `yeah I just threw on whatever` vibe going on. Definitely a girl after my own heart.
1. This has to be my favourite casual outfit. It's so simple yet so chic. The blazer and shorts combo can be pretty hard to pull off, but obviously Alexa nails it. I also adore the little ankle boots and necklace, and of course, that bag.
2. The second outfit is a really cute look. The school girl-esque gingham print of the dress coupled with the collar and cuffs is just dreamy. The Valentino flats are to die for as well.
3. I love this outfit! Alexa makes even the most basic items that most of us have in our wardrobes look so up to date. The crisp white shirt and blue jeans will always be a winner in my eyes, I'm just not so keen on the sandals!
Alexa is always one to watch on the red carpet, just look at the ensembles!
1. I absolutely adore this dress; the delicate sunflower print, the 50's shape and strappy bodice. If I ever graced a red carpet, this would be the look I'd go for.
2. The spacey print on this number is so cool! I love how this could be just a LBD, but the addition of the shiny top and print on the bottom sets it much higher in the fashion stakes.
3. This last dress is just so pretty, the colour and the sheer panel under the bust just make it perfect. I love the nude accessories as well.
One thing that defines Alexa is her long, choppy bob and winged liner, but she looks gorgeous in a range of make up looks.
1. This look is really classic; a bold red lip, bronzed face and more subtle eyes, it looks so pretty on Alexa.
2. This is my favourite look out of the three, and one that I love wearing myself, and as Alexa and myself have similar colouring being naturally pale and green eyed, I can take a lot of inspiration from her looks, yay! I nude lip and brown smokey eye ticks all the right boxes for me.
3. Finally we have a pretty pink look, with Alex's signature winged liner. This pale pink lip is quite a hard thing to wear, but of course she can rock it!
So that's it for another celebrity style, I think I've defo got my inspiration back so look out for some more of these!
I'm going to Primark in a bit to get some bits for my autumn wardrobe, I've some really lovely pieces online so I'm looking forward to it :) + I've finally added some pages under my banner so be sure to check them out!
don't forget to check out my MAC lipstick giveaway!
What's your favourite outfit? Are you an Alexa fan?