Monday 1 July 2013

June favourites.

Hello everyone, Pinch punch first day of the month! (it may be after twelve but I don't play by no rules) The time has come for another favorites post! I know I say this about practically every month, but where has June gone! I've been busy with life lately, but that has not stopped me from enjoying a multitude of products! I have also decided to include some on beauty items to make things a bit more interesting :)


-Sleek blush in `Pixie pink-



`Pixie pink` swatched and blended  
I bought this blush quite recently and has since become a favorite in my collection. It is just the most pretty pink and I find always makes my face look so fresh and healthy. I love pairing this with a pink lip or just a lip balm, which helps to make the blush the main feature. Of course (as with all Sleek products) its uber pigmented and lasts all day, perfect!

-Herbal essences beautiful ends-


Even though my hair is in a pretty good condition at the moment, I have really loved using this treatment. First of all it smells AMAZING. Like seriously, I just want to walk around with this under my nose at all times, I'm normal like that don't worry :p The heavenly scent set aside, it's also so effective; after using this my hair is left so soft and shiny and the ends really do feel repaired :)

-Nivea daily essentials express hydration primer- 



I actually checked through my other favorite's  posts to see if I had already mentioned this, and to my surprise, I haven't! I love this stuff! If you read my `Haul part one`  post then you would have seen that I've already bought another jar. I literally use this everyday without fail before I apply my foundation and it really makes a difference in its wear time and appearance after a few hours! If you haven't tried this then I can highly recommend it :) 

-Real techniques expert face brush-



This is actually my sister brush, but sharing is caring right! So I have been stealing this recently to apply my foundation and I have found that NOTHING does it better! My foundation never looks patchy or weird when I apply it with this brush. It's defo next on my real techniques wishlist, but then so is the eye set so I just might have to keep using my sisters for a while ;)

-Essie `Action` -



Oh how I love this nail polish.  It's defo my favourite of all the Essie polishes I bought because I don't really have anything like it in my collection, It's super bright and summery, and I paid £1.99 for it!

-No7 amazing eyes pencil in `10 Brown`-




On the days that I have been favoring a stronger brow, which I don't feel I can quite get with my MUA pro brow kit, I have reached for this pencil. It's the perfect shade for my brows and still looks nice and natural (just more defined) when I use it. It's not actually very pigmented at all I feel, so that why I don't really like using on my eyes, but I find it is perfect for my eyebrows :)

-Collection cream puff in ` Cotton candy 1`-



I have loved these cream puffs for a long time, I had the shade `Fairy cake 3` for ages and deiced to repurchase that and this colour, and it has now become my staple, everyday lip! I just love the velvety feel when you apply it and the matte finish it gives. I think I will defo wear this forever! 

Now onto the rest of my non-beauty favorites;


-Les miserables-


"Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men, it is the music of a people who will not be slaves again..." I LOVE this film! I saw it twice in the cinema and bought the DVD as soon as I had the chance. It is actually now one of my favourite films of all time :) The acting and singing is a dream and it has a pretty star studded cast. Look, just go watch it!

-The fault in our stars-

Oh my. This book. I read this really out of curiosity as I had heard so many people talking about it and I basically wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and wow, this book was amazing, so tender and emotional. John Green has a wonderful writing style and I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite all the tears I ended up crying! 

-Hana-


I actually saw this film last month I think through our Lovefilm subscription, and when I saw it in the supermarket for £2.99 I jumped on it! I'm not really one for an action film, but i really enjoyed this!

-The Great Gatsby-

Ohh, the Great Gatsby. This is sort of a double favourite, because I went to see the film earlier this month and absolutely loved it , seriously it was amazing!  The costumes made me want to cry because I don't live in the twenties and I cant wear a flapper dress 24/7 , the acting was so so  good, not to mention Leonardo DiCaprio plays the lead... So after seeing the film I decided to read the book, which is of course also wonderful :) It's a lot more detailed than the film obviously, and for that reason better. So basically, if you enjoyed the film read the book!I haven't actually finished this yet, because I was getting to the end at school, but I knew it would make me cry so I decided to wait until I was at home to avoid any awkward social situations involving crying over fictional characters. Yeah.

I've also deiced to show you my favourite items of clothing from this month, so here we go!

-Primark raglan skater dress-


If you have been reading my blog for a little while then you would have seen an OOTD featuring this dress (link here if you missed it!) and I have been loving it ever since :) Because it's so simple, I have been able to style it in loads of different ways, meaning I've got lots of wear out of it, result!

-International denim look skater skirt-


I love this skirt; You must have seen this baby is you've been reading for a while! I much prefer wearing skirts and dresses rather than trousers , as you may have guessed, and I really love this one for a casual look. Because I have worn it so much, I'm thinking of purchasing an actual denim skater, but I will wear this one for a very long time to come!

- H&M lilac swing top-

Another item of clothing I have been really loving this month is this little lilac number. Although I only recently showed you guys this top, I have been wearing it loads, with jeans, leggings and skirts.The colour is so pretty and it was a total steal at just £4.99! I think I may have to have a lot for some more next time I'm in H&M :)

So that's what I have been hearting this June!

What do you think of my favorites? What have been yours?

Alice
x

15 comments:

  1. Alice! Great post!
    I loved all of your beauty picks, and I want to read that book!!
    Great clothing picks too!! (and I love the wall that's in the background of the clothes! Is that your room??
    Anyways, great post!!!

    Your friend from La Dolce Moda
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of action!! The most perfectly bright summer nails :) xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually totally obsessed with brights at the mo :p x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post!!! You have too much pretty things!!!
    I love your blog!!! Let`s follow each other? ;-)

    www.brandator.tv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greaat post :)

    http://emgeorgias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I love it :) x

      http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  6. Love the blush! when I saw the creme puff i just literally shouted 'creme puff, yeaaah' in that manly voice we do haha!
    http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the John Green book! I'm interesting in that Nivea primer now, thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that lip color!!

    http://beautybanterblog.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...