Friday 19 July 2013

Haul: Wedding make up and accessories.

Hiya sweets,
 Oh summer holidays how I love thee... I'm now off for six weeks! *does a little dance*

Tomorrow, one of my Mum's closest friends is getting married, so that obviously means a wedding! I haven't been to one since I was four, I was the cute little bridesmaid :)
 Anyway, pack to present day! I wrote this post awhile ago, outlining how desperate I was to find a pair of shoes, but I now have everything sorted; hurrah!


As you can see, I'm going for a distinctly pink theme! My dress the the only thing not included in this haul, this is it but in a nude-y pink shade :) 

So, starting with my shoes. There was a bit of a saga to find these; I originally ordered the ones I featured in the my earlier post from ASOS but they were literally crippling! My poor little toes were completely squished wearing them for two minutes let alone an entire wedding so they had to be sent on their merry way, I guess somethings are eleven pounds in the sale for a reason! After being pretty put out because this were definitely not right, me and my mum went shopping the next day and found these beauts;




So pretty! I don't really wear heels at all, so I can't walk in anything that is the size of the empire state building very high, but these are perfect for my inexperience feet! 
They're such a pretty pink shade and I'm sure I'll wear these if I fancy dressing up to go out or whatever :) They're from Deichmann and only £14.99! 

I also had a bit of trouble finding a clutch I liked (talk about pointless 1st world problems, blimey!) but I decided to go for this offering from New Look;




I adore the roes gold details from the studs and the chain, and just the overall feel of the bag. It's big enough for all my bits and pieces without being OTT (just thought I'd let you know I actually typed OOTD then, oh the blogger in me!) It was a bargain at £12.99 as well. 

This is properly my favourite thing in this haul;


Just look at it! I was admiring this a few weeks ago in Accessorize but A) I didn't have my dress with me to check how the colour went and B) It was something crazy like £40 at full price, yikes. However, when I went in the next weekend, low and behold I had my dress and they had a sale on. In short, it was the perfect colour and half price, high five for waiting a week! These pictures really don't do it justice, but take it from me;  it's a work of blumin' art. 

Now onto make up, obviously I have the rest of my makeup collection to play with and help create the perfect look, but I knew there were a few things I needed! As I said, I'm thinking pink, so that's really what I went for.
I've wanted to try one of these 24 hour colour tattoo's for an age, so I though this was a great time to pick one up. This is my favourite shade from the range, I just wish they had more neutrals, because sadly I'm not a purple or turquoise girl!

I also picked up a new Collection why is it not still 2000 product. It was on offer for £2.50 so I couldn't resist because I love an eye-shadow stick. My plan is to wear this all over the lid and they have to colour tattoo in the outer corner and crease. I've tried it out and I think it looks pretty good!


As it is a wedding I'm going to, I thought it might look a bit weird wearing heaving winged liner *cries* For this reason, I deiced a pair of eyelashes was in order, just so that my eyes don't disappear into the vortex of time. Now I've never really worn eyelashes, I've tried some out before but never actually worn them. I've always heard great things about Eylure so I figured they were the brand to go with. I didn't want an extremely dramatic pair so I went for these. With lashings of mascara hopefully I won't miss my eyeliner too much!



The next two products are more essentials than specifically for the wedding, one of them being the Rimmel stay matte powder;


This is a blogger favourite and although I'm not sure it totally lives up to the hype, it is fine for a basic powder. I mean a powder will only ever be a powder! 

I also popped a new concealer into my basket. I find my favourite collection one really drying so I thought I would try something new, in the form of this . I really like it at the moment, let me know if you would like to see a review :) 


The last item I purchased was this lipstick, sadly, I don't really like it! When I swatched it on my hand it looked like an actual solid colour but on the lips it's more of a pearlescent shade. Well, if you know me,  you should know that I am not a fan of anything shiny on my lips, I much prefer a matte finish. However, I am going to make the best of it and wear it over my trusty pink cream puff; lip situation saved!



I'm getting my haircut in a bit so I will be 100% ready! But if they do more than a `trim` I might cry... Anyway, I obviously won't be able to post tomorrow but I'll try and get some decent picture of my outfit :)

What do you think of my purchases? Are you going to a wedding this summer?

17 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog! I've just followed! xx

    ~ http://britishorigin.blogspot.co.uk/ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, all of the items look gorgeous and I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful x Have a great time!
    lifeislovelyjubbly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything, and your dress looks lovely! You should definitely do a review of the concealer! Hope you have a great time x

    Lauren Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so close to buying that lippy when i saw it in boots, haha! hope you have a fab time at the wedding.. you'll have to show me the pictures of you in your outfit, you'll look beauts!
    http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same maybelline color tattoo and I loooove it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous headpiece!! Hope you had fun at the wedding :)
    I'm your newest follower- would love if you could check my blog out too: http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clutch is soo pretty what a bargain!! I love eylure eyelashes they are my favourite .. Great post xxx

    http://hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pink gold colour tattoo looks really pretty! i have it in gold and i love it especially for summer :)

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I really want to get a few more, the gold one does look lovely :) x

      Delete
  9. I still call Collection 2000, Collection 2000. I think it sounds better than just 'Collection'. I have never seen eyeshadow stick before, I must check them out! Thanks for the post!

    -Kookii

    www.xthebeautydiaryx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...