Saturday 9 March 2013

A little bit of vintage: Mini haul

Last weekend at my local shopping centre, they had a really lovely vintage fair on, so me and my family went to have a little look-see. I wasn't really expecting to find anything, but I think I found some gems!

My sister spotted this dress on one of the rails, I fell in love!

Its originally M&S, its got a really old label, which for some reason I think is really cute!( strange I know)

 I love the print and the style of it. I know it looks really shapeless on the hanger, but I'm going to pair it with a little belt at the waist, which I think looks lovely. Shirt dresses are actually quite on trend for this spring summer as well, so I thought this was great as a piece to have in my wardrobe for those warmer(!) months. It was also a bargain at twelve pounds. Some vintage places can be really pricey, but these lady's stall was very reasonable!

I plan to wear this with long socks and brogues (outfit post to come!) 
The other item I picked up was this gorgeous plumb coloured shirt. 



(Sorry about the quality of this shot, my camera would not focus!)
I'm a real lover of shirts, and what drew me to this one was the material: It's a really unique silky/ velvetyfabric, which I've never seen before, but I really love! I have already worn this to school with disco pants and khaki Nike blazers, but I can imagine it would look lovely with skirts and blue jeans too. It also has shoulders pads, which I would never normally go for, but its always fun to experiment!




So they were my little finds, I love that you never quite know what to expect when shopping for vintage!

Do you have any vintage favourites? What was your best find?

Alice
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...